Exclusive Education are currently working with a Special Educational Needs School who are looking for a tutor to deliver lessons in Construction. They are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, motivating and engaging to work with the pupils throughout the school.
The school caters for vulnerable and disengaged young people that cannot access mainstream education. They are looking for positive role models that are able to assist in the planning and delivery of joinery, brickwork and general construction lessons to small groups of students in an engaging way. Pupils may display challenging behaviour so excellent behaviour management is necessary and de-escalation training would be beneficial.
They aim to provide structure and education to pupils while helping to re-integrate back into school and offer a range of vocational courses. You will be responsible for creating a positive and safe learning environment for all students.
To be considered for this role you must have:
- Experience working with young people.
- Good knowledge of Construction, Labouring or Design Technology.
- Excellent behaviour management with a calm but firm approach.
- Be passionate about encouraging all children to achieve success
- Be ambitious to support and extend the learning opportunities for all of the pupils
- Have a commitment to working in partnership with staff, parents and the community to promote excellent learning opportunities for all
- Be driven, enthusiastic and a clear vision for educational excellence
Teaching across the whole school from Key Stage 3, Key Stage 4 including GCSEs you will need to have the ability to motivate pupils and encourage a positive learning environment through construction and the school curriculum.
This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, cost of which will be met by the applicant, Overseas Police Clearance (if applicable) and professional reference checks
If you are interested in the above role or any other teaching opportunities then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Exclusive Education will offer you:
- Your own personal consultant, dedicated to finding you work
- Competitive day rates
- 24/7 on call service
- Access to all day to day, short term and long term roles our schools task us with filling
- A fast clearance process