We are currently looking for a Teaching Assistant to provide a complimentary service to existing teachers and pastoral staff in the school. You will be addressing the needs of children who require help to overcome barriers to learning both inside and outside the school, in order to achieve their full potential and to enable the school to raise standards of achievement, improve attendance and raise standards of behavior. You will need to also work in a pastoral role with identified children’s families and work in partnership with other professional agencies.
The successful candidate will be required to work on a part time basis at a lovely rural school in the Tarporley area of Cheshire. The days required are Monday all day , Tuesday am, Thursday am and Friday am for a 6 week period starting on Monday 18 April until the May half term.
In addition, you will:
- Work with pupils on individual targets set by teaching staff
- Organise liaison on behalf of pupils with colleagues, parents and outside agencies in a professional manner being aware of confidentiality
- Be able to support and develop our nurture group
- Support for teachers by raising the awareness of teaching staff to the strengths and difficulties of individual pupils
- Assist teaching staff in the monitoring and evaluation of pupils’ progress, providing them with feedback on observations undertaken
- Understanding the emotional and social needs of pupils with whom working and contribute to planning of learning activities
- Assist in the assessment and monitoring of individual pupils and their Individual Education Plans (IEPs) for children who need learning support
- Completed other duties as required by the teaching staff
All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, the cost of which will be met by the applicant and will need to provide reference of working with children in the last 2 years for a minimum of 6 months.
If this role is exactly what you are looking for then send your CV and we will call you.